10 June 2009

Joy and Hope

I really don't know but for some reason this phrase kept popping up in my head yesterday, "the joy of the Lord." Hmmm...

...the joy of the Lord is my STRENGTH. Even when I am tired, discouraged or just plain have no motivation, the joy of the Lord is my strength.

...the joy of the Lord gives me JOY. It's not based on what I have or don't have. It's not based on my mood. It's not based on any of my accomplishments. Not even on my spouse or my kids. It's based on who God is!

...the joy of the Lord is my HOPE. Too many people around me are sad, discontented, feeling like a failure, wandering around with no goals and direction. Sad to say that some Christians are the same way. But when I put my trust in Jehovah, He gives me the joyful anticipation of knowing that He has something wonderful planned for me and my family.

Psalm 19:8 says, "The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes." That's what Christian life should be right there - joyful and hopeful!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Praise God for this writing!!! He is our JOY...He is our Strength...He is our Hope! I have a poem about JOY..I'll post it on my blog later...I am waiting for a very good picture that will go with:)
I love the flowers too...where did u get this? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...