03 June 2008

Fretting, Fighting and Fussing

(originally posted on Yahoo!360 on April 24, 2006)

Fretting means worrying.
Fighting means resisting.
Fussing means complaining.

All of those terms describe me when trying situations come my way. I fret because I couldn’t see how the problem can be solved. And then, when God or other people show me the solution and it’s not what I expected, I fight and I fight. And when I don’t get my way, I fuss and I fuss until everyone becomes tired of hearing me fuss.

I read somewhere that 90% of our problems are just fretting. Only 10% are actual problem happening. When I fight and resist, everything is affected. I have a lousy attitude about everything and everyone around me. I couldn’t see any other way but mine. I get hopeless and miserable. When I fuss, I am like the woman that the book of Proverbs mentions about:

“A continual dripping on a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.” Proverbs. 27:15

How annoying is that! Wow! I become annoying to my husband and my kids when I do those things. I forget about other people and about other things. All I think about is “I, Me, Mine.” May may daily prayer be that I have “a gentle and quite spirit which is more pleasing in the sight of the Lord.” How humbling!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...