03 June 2008

How much do I know You, Lord?

(originally posted on Yahoo!360 on May 14, 2006)

Oh, I Want To Know You More
Written by Steve Fry
Recorded by Steve Green

Oh, I want to know You, Lord
Deep inside my soul I want to know You
To feel Your heart and know Your mind
Looking in Your eyes stirs up within Me
Cries that say “I want to know You!”
And I would give my final breath
To know You in Your death and resurrection
Oh, I want to know You more


In the book “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman, we are urged to know our love one’s love language so we can love them the way they want to be loved, not the way we want to love them. We won’t know how to do that unless we observe them and get to know them intimately. The same is true with God. But many times we loose our focus on Him. God is awesome. God is vast. There’s no end to understanding His power, His uniqueness, Hi love.

“O Father, may I never be too caught up in myself and my worldly daily tasks. Please forgive me for the countless times that I ignored You and put You last on my to-do list. I love you, Father. Help me to show You everyday how much I love You. Thank you for loving me unconditionally.”
If we truly know God, we can show Him our love like we ought to, and we can glorify and honor Him. And the reward? Joyful and abundant life, a life that shines in darkness.
(the picture above is my husband's photography, taken in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on his 40th birthday)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...